Cybersmile Launch Global #OURGAMING Campaign
Everybody ranging from first-time gamers right through to World Champions and industry professionals will have the opportunity to share their opinions, thoughts and perspectives on important gaming related issues such as inclusion, empathy, resilience and more!
We are excited to announce the launch of the #OURGAMING campaign that will share the thoughts and perspectives of novice, veteran and professional gamers, esports professionals and industry specialists through user generated video content. Entrants are being asked to share their thoughts through video on a series of continuously evolving questions about gaming, esports and the video games industry as a whole – with the chance of winning one of three incredible prizes including a PS4 Pro with PSVR, the Xbox One X or an Alienware desktop PC along with a host of games!
The video entries will be compiled into a whole library of gaming related video content that will reinforce the importance of inclusive gaming and facilitate self-awareness with players of all levels and industry professionals sharing their thoughts on key topics including mutual respect, gaming etiquette, the importance of diversity, the development of new gamers and much more.
“We’ve seen through our work that exposure to varying perspectives not only offers educational insight into specific topics but also helps with personal development in areas such as empathy, emotional resilience and self-awareness. With an ever growing library of gaming related videos containing diverse perspectives it is our hope that gamers and professionals of all levels will be able to contribute and learn from the campaign regardless of experience or ability.”
Iain Alexander, Head of Engagement, The Cybersmile Foundation
How to enter
Simply submit a video to us (instructions below) for each question you choose to reply to, sharing your views on as many questions from the approved list as you choose – you will then be entered to win the prize. The more questions you answer the more entries you get to win! Remember to repeat the question at the beginning of your videos so we know which questions you are replying to.
How to submit your video entries
1. Head over to http://wetransfer.com (free service). Follow the instructions when on the page to upload your video file, then add our email@example.com email address into the ‘Email To’ field.
2. In the ‘Message’ field, enter your name and #OURGAMING submission.
Example: John Smith #OURGAMING submission
3. Click the transfer button and your file will start uploading. Leave the screen open until you can see it has been sent. You will also receive a confirmation email from We Transfer that your video was successfully sent and that’s it!
You can view an example entry below:
Example video entry
The questions below are great to get started. Visit the #OURGAMING section for a full list of approved questions to really get your entries building up!
- What advice would you give to a new gamer nervous about playing online?
- How do you stop trash talk getting to you?
- When does banter cross the line and become unacceptably abusive?
- How do you become an esports professional gamer?
- How can you show your respect to other players in-game?
(You can submit more than one entry to increase your chances of winning. Please check that you agree with our TERMS & CONDITIONS before entering.)
The campaign officially launches today and will be accepting submissions until midnight (ET) February 28, 2018. A winner will be announced the week of March 7, 2018 and will be able to choose one of our three prize packages.
Do I send you my video?
Yes. You need to add the hashtag to your subject field along with your name and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org via wetransfer.com (instructions above) to enter. We will be reviewing all entries that use the hashtag.
Can I just make a text-only answer?
No. You need to contribute a video.
Can I enter if i’m under 18?
Yes, however if you are a minor, you will need parental consent to submit your videos and to receive our prize if you win.
Can I only choose 1 question?
No. You can answer more than 1 question or as many as you like to increase your chances of winning. Make sure that you answer each question in a separate video (not together) to qualify, and include the hashtag #OURGAMING when sending to us. Don’t forget to repeat the question at the beginning of the video so we know what you are replying to!
Where will my submission appear once I submit it?
We will collate entries and showcase them on our website so other gamers can see your opinions and perspectives on important issues.
Well what are you waiting for? Grab your phone to start sharing your views and get your name in the mix for the prize! For further information about Cybersmile and the work we do, please explore the suggestions below.
- Who Are Cybersmile?
- People We’ve Helped!
- Intel CEO And Mark Cuban Play Charity LoL Match In Aid Of Cybersmile
- Cybersmile Gaming
- Blizzard Introduces New Steps To Address Abuse And Toxicity
- Girls On Games Co-Founder Leah Jewer Talks All Things Gaming
- Cybersmile Advisory Panel
- Official Cybersmile Ambassadors
- Riot Games School Clubs Take Off In Australia And New Zealand
- Global Support Service
- Corporate Partnership Program
- Become A Cybersmile Sustainer
What do you think about the campaign? Tweet us @CybersmileHQ.